Alumni ARC Membership
We only accept cash or checks made payable to UTC Alumni. Payment for an ARC Membership and Alumni Mocs Card (photo ID swipe card) must be made within the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs (801 Oak Street; Patten House, 2nd Floor).
NOTE: The Alumni Mocs Card (paid photo ID swipe card) is different from the Alumni Benefits Card which is issued free of charge from the UTC Alumni Office.
Sample Alumni Mocs Card
(please click here for description of differences between Alumni Mocs Card & Alumni Benefits Card)
Recent Alumni Membership
(Graduates of Dec. 2002 - Aug. 2013)
One-time Alumni Mocs Card Purchase fee = $21.85 ($20 + 1.85tax)
NOTE: Student Mocs Cards are tied to enrollment status; therefore, a new alumni mocs card (photo ID swipe card) must be purchased post-graduation for use of the ARC.
- 6-month Membership fee is waived until December 31, 2013.
NOTE: A portion of all graduates' student fees during the years of 2002-2013 were factored into this waiver. The ARC and Campus Recreation staff chose to provide this fee waiver to recent graduates in acknowledgement and appreciation of their financial contributions through the Student Activity Fees to construct the ARC facility.
General Alumni Membership
(Graduates of Aug. 2002 and prior)
- Initial Fee (includes first 6-month members & purchase of an Alumni Mocs Card) = $185.73 ($150 membership fee + $20 Alumni Mocs Card + $15.73 tax)
NOTE: Student Mocs Cards are tied to enrollment status; therefore, a
new alumni mocs card (photo ID swipe card) must be purchased
post-graduation for use of the ARC..
- Renewal Fee (renewals are due every 6-months) = $163.88 ($150 + 13.88tax)
NOTE: Renewal fees are paid directly to the UTC Office of Alumni Affairs. The ARC does not accept alumni renewal fees at this time. Monthly membership rates are not available at this time. This membership is a non-refundable fee.
- Your membership covers access to the facility, regularly scheduled fitness classes, and equipment rental during regular hours of operations.
- Specialized UTC recreation classes, trips or programs requiring additional costs are not covered by the membership.
- Family & Guests:
*There are no family membership plans for the ARC.
*Family & guests over the age of 16 are welcome to accompany any member of the ARC for a daily rate of $5/per person.
*Throughout the year, the ARC will advertise special family days events/activities which are open for a special rate or no cost
to members and guests of all ages.
How to Register for an ARC Membership
- Registration of ARC Memberships are taken in person only. Visit the UTC Alumni Office on the second floor of the Patten House at 801 Oak Street (corner of Oak & Palmetto Streets, across from Lockmiller Apartments and the Fine Arts Center).
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Phone: (423) 425-4785
- Registration and payment are made at time of visit. Registration paperwork is submitted to our IT department to initiate an Alumni ID entity that is tied to your new Alumni Mocs Card (photo ID swipe card). This process takes approximately 3-5 business days to complete.
- Upon receipt of payment, you will receive a paper receipt which serves as your "temporary pass" until your Alumni ID entity is successfully processed and you are ready to have a new Alumni Mocs Card (photo ID swipe card) made in the UTC Mocs Card Office (located in the University Center).
- The UTC Alumni Office will notify you by phone when you may go to the UTC Mocs Card Office and get your new Alumni Mocs Card (photo ID swipe card) made.
What to bring with you
- A valid photo ID (license, student Mocs Card, passport, etc.)
- Cash or check
The ARC - Facility Overview
For a complete description of the ARC, please visit UTC's Campus Recreation website.
Phase I of the center was completed in summer 2009 and boasts an array of state-of-the-art fitness and recreation equipment.
- A welcoming entrance (Image 2) provides for a safe and accessible experience for current students, recent alumni and ARC Members
- Centralized Locker Rooms (day use only)
- One large multi-sport court that can be converted into two basketball courts, four volleyball courts, eight badminton courts or two indoor soccer courts.
- 1,400 sq ft storage and programming suite for UTC Outdoors.
- Rock Wall (Image 3) - Includes a 43'7" foot indoor rock climbing tower, an indoor 13 foot boulder, and a 13 foot indoor training wall.
- 1/8 mile indoor track with 360 view of the UTC community.
- Fitness Area at The ARC - 14,000 sq ft of exercise space for state-of-art exercise equipment for any and all workouts. Equipment includes Life Fitness, Hammer Strength, and Cybex machines.
- Small and large aerobic rooms (for the Chattanooga Spirit Squads), martial arts and instructional rooms.
- A relaxing Wi-Fi lobby featuring the Campus Recreation Hall of Fame which honors student successes and UTC's Recreational History.
- Equipment check out room that meet all your indoor and outdoor recreational needs.
Lots of unique and incredible fun features are included in the aquatics (or Phase 2) portion of The ARC, was completed in September 2011.
- Lazy River with kayak plunge pool and 30 person bubble bench.
- 5 lap line swim area from 4ft to 10ft depths with a 30 person hot tub.
- 2 story high, 156 foot long water slide
- Water basketball and water volleyball courts