The UTC Alumni Office and the University of Tennessee Alumni Association (UTAA) offers a variety of awards and scholarship opportunities for students attending UTC.
The UTC Alumni Board of Directors and the Office of Student Development sponsor the Public Service Awards. This award was established to honor two senior students (one male and one female) who display distinguished service to the university campus as well as the Chattanooga community (with emphasis on campus involvement). Students must have accumulated at least 90 hours (24 earned at UTC) and an overall GPA of at least 2.5 is required. Nominations are collected by University faculty, staff and administration; nominees are then contacted with official application rules and procedures.
Award amount: $500.00
# of Awards Offered: 2
The recipients of this award are announced each fall at the annual UTC Homecoming football game.
This scholarship will be awarded to a rising junior or senior. The student must be enrolled on a full time basis, have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and have completed at least sixty (60) semester hours at the time the application is submitted. Preference will be given to the dependent child of a UTC graduate. Special consideration will be given to students who have demonstrated commitment to both community or university service.
Scholarship amount: varies each year but average between $500-2,500, one-year scholarship
# of scholarships awarded: varies each year but average around 4-8 recipients
Interested students can fill out an application that will be available in early spring.
Download the 2013-2014 Scholarship application here.
This scholarship will be awarded to a current undergraduate first-time freshman Legacy students, those with parents, grandparents, step-parents/grandparents, uncles, aunts, or siblings receiving a degree from UC/UTC. The scholarship is awarded in an amount ranging from $500 - $2,000.
Recipients must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a child/stepchild or grandchild/step-grandchild, niece/nephew, or brother/sister of a degree-holding graduate alumnus from UC/UTC
- Must have a minimum 2.75 high school GPA to be considered
- Must have a minimum ACT score matching the average score for UTC Undergraduate Admissions (or the equivalent SAT
score as recognized by UTC)
- Must demonstrate engagement in extracurricular activities and community service
For more information/applications on the Legacy Scholarship, please visit the UTC Scholarships Website
UT Alumni Association Scholarships
Since 1953 the scholarships funded by the University of Tennessee Alumni Association have been a source of financial assistance to thousands of outstanding students.
The alumni and friends who have contributed to the Alumni Association’s Fund for the Future take great pride in knowing that the majority of their gift dollars are used to recognize and reward deserving students who have excelled academically and in leadership roles.
Each year the private gifts to the UTAA sponsor more than 100 Tennessee Alumni Association Scholarships for students enrolled at all UT campuses.
Alumni Andrew D. Holt Scholarship
The Andrew D. Holt Scholars Program memorializes UT’s former president Dr. Andy Holt for his efforts to build the university’s scholarship program during his 20-year association with the institution. The most prestigious scholarship awarded by the University of Tennessee Alumni Association, the Andrew D. Holt scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated academic merit and leadership skills.
Number of scholarships awarded per year:
*Actual stipends at UTHSC will be based on a sliding scale depending on the tuition and fees of the college in which the recipient is enrolled.
- UT Chattanooga: 1
- UT Knoxville: 3
- UT Martin: 1
- *UT Health Science Center: 5
Joe and Pat Johnson Student Alumni Scholarship
The Joe and Pat Johnson Student Alumni Scholarship is awarded to one student at each undergraduate campus. The $2,500 scholarship is awarded to an outstanding member of the campus student alumni organizations, respectively (i.e. Student Alumni Council in Chattanooga, Undergraduate Alumni Council in Martin, and Student Alumni Associates in Knoxville), who has served the alumni association and his/her campus.
The student must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a current student alumni association organization member who meets requirements concerning service and devotion to the UT Alumni Association and student alumni organization
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student and full-time academic standing in the prior year
- If no student qualifies for the scholarship in a particular year, the Student Alumni Scholarship will not be awarded.
Please see your Student Alumni Association representative for more information on how to apply for this scholarship.
“Student Leaders become Alumni Leaders” UT Alumni Scholarship
Funded by the UT Alumni Association, this four-year $1,500 scholarship was created to provide funds for students who demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and proven academic ability.
The student must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a first-time freshman student enrolling immediately following high school graduation
- Minimum 3.25 high school GPA and a minimum 23 ACT composite score
- Requires documented current leadership activities in civic, community and student organizations
- Requires continued leadership participation during freshman year in select student organizations on the University of Chattanooga campus
- Open to any Tennessee or out-of-state student
Apply online at utc.edu/admissions.php.
UTC Scholarship Office
To view more details about these and other available scholarships, please contact the UTC Scholarship Office:
615 McCallie Avenue
202 University Center, Dept 4825
Chattanooga, TN 37403
Or visit www.utc.edu/scholarships.